Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise in Waikiki
with Captain Max!
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise on Oahu is one of our most popular tours! We take our customers on a one of a kind adventure to a snorkel spot you can only reach by boat. Turtle Canyon is located on the South Shore of Oahu just off of the coast of Waikiki. It is called Turtle Canyon because of its abundance of turtles in the area. We can 100% guarantee the sighting of turtles at Turtle Canyon. The type of sea turtles we will encounter here are called Hawaiian Sea Turtles or Green Sea Turtles. There are also a variety of tropical fish here.
The reason there are so many hawaiian sea turtles at Turtle Canyon is because it is considered a “turtle cleaning station”. This means turtles go there to rest over the reef and get there shells cleaned by fish in the area. Getting there shells cleaned means the fish eat the algae, barnacles and even parasites off of their shells and flippers.
At any given time between 2-10 sea turtles can be spotted resting motionless above the reef surrounded by tropical fish at Turtle Canyon. They often come up for air at the surface where we take to snorkel allowing for a beautiful up close and personal experience with this majestic creatures. These animals are endangered in Hawai’i . DLNR and NOAA recommend staying 10 feet away from the turtles, and to never harass, feed, chase, ride, handle, injure, or hunt them.
Snorkel gear is included but be sure to wear your bathing suit and bring a towel. **Tour is not suited for children under 5
What our Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise is like:
- Arrive at the harbor and check in at Pier B
- Get on the boat where you will receive a safety and snorkel briefing
- We will then take off on our adventure to Turtle Canyon
- Our boat is fast and fun giving a unique and exciting experience on the way to the snorkel spot
- Arrive at Turtle Canyon
- The Snorkel Guide will teach you how to properly use your snorkel and you will get ready to jump in the water
- Get in the water and let the fun begin
- You will see an underwater world of Turtles and Fish co-existing in a beautiful symbiotic relationship ( conditions and clarity of the ocean vary)
- You will spend as much time in the water as you’d like and then come back to the boat to enjoy the view from the water and refreshments.
- Once everyone is on the boat we will take you for a cruise around Waikiki and Diamond Head to search for dolphin, whales and other sea life.
- Then we head back to the harbor
We go above and beyond to keep our guests and employees safe. This means that we are taking full measures to keep a clean and sanitized Boat.
-Hand Rails, Seats and other high touch areas on vessel are thoroughly disinfected before and after each tour.
-Check in equipment including pens and clipboard are thoroughly disinfected between use.
-Snorkel Gear is sanitized in a special Solution and fully cleaned after each use.
- Per person (5+): $99.00 + taxes and fees
(minimum of 2 people, maximum 6 people)
Availability and Schedule:
Tour is available daily
- 7:30am – 9:30am
- 10am – 12pm
Please join this activity at:
- 1125 Ala Moana Boulevard, Pier B, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814
Other Activities in Oahu you might like:
💲 Starting at $129.00
✅ Dolphins guaranteed!
Set sail on West Oahu coast’s newest sailing catamaran to view dolphins, turtles and other marine life including whales in-season.
💲 Starting at $130.00
✅ Snacks and beverages included
Spirit of Aloha catamaran takes you to the outer side of the Turtle Canyon reef near Hilton Hawaiian Village followed by a scenic sail up and down the Waikiki coast.
💲 Starting at $650.00
✅ Price includes up to 6 people
Create your own experience with this charter: High-Speed Cruise, Slow Relaxing cruise, Sight seeing, Swim in the Ocean, Snorkeling with sea turtles, Look for marine life-