Hilo Chocolate & Waterfalls
The rains of Hilo nurture a lush green landscape. Explore the rich heritage of Hilo and travel old Hawaii’s charming back-roads and scenic byways to visit historical landmarks, beautiful waterfalls, and a working cacao farm. Enjoy a locally made lunch and swim or kayak under the private 120-foot Kulaniapia Falls.
- Learn the history of Hilo as we drive along the bay shore
- View a variety of majestic tropical waterfalls
- Tour a cacao farm that specializes in producing and processing island favorites
- Swim under the private 120-foot Kulaniapia Falls. Flotations items available
- Enjoy a locally made lunch while taking in stunning views of a waterfall
- Get a bird’s eye look when you add a helicopter flight with Paradise Helicopters
Restrictions: Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and a light sweatshirt or jacket.
- How much walking do we do? We’ll stop a couple times throughout the adventure for short walks.
- Is there elevation gain? Minimal elevation gains on the walks. Most trails are flat and level.
Lunch and snacks. Beverages also provided.
Walking sticks, day packs and rain ponchos.
Adult (18+): $149.00
Child: (4-11): $124.00
Morning trips depart from Hilo every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Tour time is approximately 3.5 hours round-trip.
- Pick up time: 10:00 AM
- Approximate return time: 2:00 PM