North Shore Horseback Ride & Legacy Forest Tree Planting Adventure
Our new and exciting small group adventure takes you out of Waikiki to the beautiful North Shore of Oahu. Your driver guide will meet you in Waikiki in a deluxe mini-coach and will share the Mo’olelo (story) of this beautiful Island.
We’ll cross the Nu’uanu Pali Highway to the windward coastline From the South Shore with far reaching views of the Pacific Ocean to the windward coastline, surrounded by the towering Ko’olau Mountain Range, then onward to the famous North Shore where waves pound pristine white sandy beaches. Once, on the North Shore the real adventure begins. Your morning ride will take you up scenic mountain trails, through open pastures, serene forest, and stunning ocean views to the Legacy Forest where you will plant a native tree during a special ceremony then enjoy a picnic lunch and soak on the beauty of the ranch. On our way back to Waikiki we’ll stop off in historic Haleiwa Town where you’ll get to try Hawaii’s famous treat, Shave Ice. So ono!
- Chinaman’s Hat, officially Mokoli’i, or “little lizard” in Hawaiian, an islet in Kaneohe Bay aptly named for the cone-shaped hat worn by Chinese immigrants. Chinaman’s Hat will be viewed near Kualoa as we wind our way along the scenic coastline.
- North Shore Surfing Breaks, including world famous Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others, are viewed from your tour vehicle as it crosses the island’s big wave territory. The region is known for its fabulously large wintertime waves and international surfing competitions.
- Historic Haleiwa Town, with its preserved old plantation character and surf town image, makes its shops and restaurants popular among visitors and Oahu residents. It’s the gateway to the North Shore for those arriving from Honolulu and is the area’s largest commercial center.
- Cross the Nu’uanu Pali Highway over to Windward Oahu.
- See Chinaman’s Hat island offshore near Kualoa
- Enjoy a 1.5 hours horseback ride through stunning scenery.
- Give back to the Ain’a (land) with tree planting in the Legacy Forest
- Enjoy a Picnic lunch on the ranch
- North Shore world famous surfing beaches of Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others
- Visit charming, historic Haleiwa Town
- See the coffee and pineapple farms of Central Oahu
- Round-Trip Transportation in a Luxury Mini-Coach
- Included Picnic Lunch
- Expert, Live Narration
- Guests must be at least 7 years of age to participate
- Level of difficulty easy to moderate
- Cancellations received up to 72 hours prior to tour for full refund. If the tour is canceled without 72 hours’ notice, full charges apply. No-shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
- Completed waiver must be completed prior to tour
- Long pants, closed toe shoes recommended
- Max weight for horseback riding: 240 lbs., under 18 years must ride with a helmet
- Tour will operate rain or shine, but if Gunstock Ranch cancels, guests will be welcomed on an extended Grand Circle Island sightseeing tour or may rebook their tour.
- Adult (12+): $307.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (7-11): $266.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Tour is available on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- Return Time: 4:00 ~ 4:15 PM