North Shore Horseback Ride & Legacy Forest Tree Planting Adventure
Our new and exciting small group adventure takes you out of Waikiki to the beautiful North Shore of Oahu. Your driver guide will meet you in Waikiki in a deluxe mini-coach and will share the Mo’olelo (story) of this beautiful Island.
We’ll cross the Nu’uanu Pali Highway to the windward coastline From the South Shore with far reaching views of the Pacific Ocean to the windward coastline, surrounded by the towering Ko’olau Mountain Range, then onward to the famous North Shore where waves pound pristine white sandy beaches. Once, on the North Shore the real adventure begins. Your morning ride will take you up scenic mountain trails, through open pastures, serene forest, and stunning ocean views to the Legacy Forest where you will plant a native tree during a special ceremony then enjoy a picnic lunch and soak on the beauty of the ranch. On our way back to Waikiki we’ll stop off in historic Haleiwa Town where you’ll get to try Hawaii’s famous treat, Shave Ice. So ono!
- Chinaman’s Hat, officially Mokoli’i, or “little lizard” in Hawaiian, an islet in Kaneohe Bay aptly named for the cone-shaped hat worn by Chinese immigrants. Chinaman’s Hat will be viewed near Kualoa as we wind our way along the scenic coastline.
- North Shore Surfing Breaks, including world famous Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others, are viewed from your tour vehicle as it crosses the island’s big wave territory. The region is known for its fabulously large wintertime waves and international surfing competitions.
- Historic Haleiwa Town, with its preserved old plantation character and surf town image, makes its shops and restaurants popular among visitors and Oahu residents. It’s the gateway to the North Shore for those arriving from Honolulu and is the area’s largest commercial center.
Effective September 13, 2021, the City & County of Honolulu will require all guests 12 years of age and older to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours of entry with picture ID to join this activity. Please see the “Safe Access Oahu” section below for more detail.
- Cross the Nu’uanu Pali Highway over to Windward Oahu.
- See Chinaman’s Hat island offshore near Kualoa
- Enjoy a 1.5 hours horseback ride through stunning scenery.
- Give back to the Ain’a (land) with tree planting in the Legacy Forest
- Enjoy a Picnic lunch on the ranch
- North Shore world famous surfing beaches of Sunset, Waimea Bay, and others
- Visit charming, historic Haleiwa Town
- See the coffee and pineapple farms of Central Oahu
- Round-Trip Transportation in a Luxury Mini-Coach
- Included Picnic Lunch
- Expert, Live Narration
- Guests must be at least 7 years of age to participate
- Level of difficulty easy to moderate
- Cancellations received up to 72 hours prior to tour for full refund. If the tour is canceled without 72 hours’ notice, full charges apply. No-shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
- Completed waiver must be completed prior to tour
- Long pants, closed toe shoes recommended
- Max weight for horseback riding: 240 lbs., under 18 years must ride with a helmet
- Tour will operate rain or shine, but if Gunstock Ranch cancels, guests will be welcomed on an extended Grand Circle Island sightseeing tour or may rebook their tour.
Effective September 13, 2021, the City & County of Honolulu will require all guests 12 years of age and older to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours of entry with picture ID to enter the Luau.
Acceptable Proof of Vaccination
A hard copy of a state-approved vaccination card;
A photograph/digital copy of a state-approved vaccination card; or
A Hawai‘i state-approved digital/smart device application confirming full vaccination status (including via the Safe Travels program/application).
“Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series which has been authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Acceptable Negative COVID-19 Test
A negative test result must be a U.S. Food and Drug Administration emergency use authorization, or approved molecular test, or antigen test taken within 48 hours of entry to a business included in this emergency order.
And identification with the same information as the negative COVID-19 test.
For more information on the Safe Access Oahu Program, please click here.
- Adult (12+): $336.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (7-11): $292.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Tour is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- Return Time: 4:00 ~ 4:15 PM
Other Activities in Oahu you might like:
💲 Starting at $126.50
⭐ Most Popular
Be captivated by Oahu’s unique beauty and dramatic history. Tour highlights: Byodo-In Temple, Waimea Valley and Dole Pineapple Plantation.
💲 Starting at $259.99
👻 Great for thrill seekers
✅ Waikiki Transportation Included
Coral Crater’s most popular combo activity is back! A full zipline activity is followed by an aerial challenge course.
💲 Starting at $89.00
✅ Turtles guaranteed
Thrilling snorkeling experiences including seeing Hawaiian green sea turtles. Snorkel fins and vest and in-water assistance from expert crew are included. Buy or bring your own snorkel and mask.