Haleakala Sunset Tour
A sensational solar experience and incredible panoramic view from Haleakala at 9,740 feet. Marvel at the show of dazzling light and breathtaking colors. If a 2:00/2:30 a.m. departure time for a sunrise isn’t your thing, come join us for an equally impressive experience viewing sunset from the “House of the Sun”, Haleakala. It offers a fabulous finale to a wonderful day on Maui.
Your expert driver guide will greet you at your hotel and welcome you aboard a state-of-art minibus featuring wide side windows and an incredible panoramic front window well above the driver’s seat to open up the finest possible views of along the way to the summit area. Your driver’s superb live tour narration is augmented with captivating video segments shown on high tech vehicle monitors.
- Hotel pickup in specially outfitted Grech deluxe minibus with USB ports, video monitors, climate control, and the best windows for viewing the Haleakala landscape
- Kula Lodge Marketplace with its unique crafts and gifts is visited just before entering Haleakala National Park.
- Haleakala National Park surrounds the world’s largest dormant volcano, spanning more than 30,000 acres. Haleakala was formed approximately 1 million years ago through the building up of layers of flowing lava and has been a sacred location for Polynesian people who settled on the island 400-650 A.D. It remains sacred to the Hawaiian people to this day. You will pass ancient sacred locations, and breathtaking views from the safety and comfort of your vehicle enroute to the summit area.
- Silversword plants, only found at Haleakala, and the rare Nene Goose may be seen as you ascend the volcano.
- Ranger Station of the Park is at 7,000 ft where a convenient rest top is taken, and visitor information is available.
- Stunning Sunset View of the celestial kaleidoscope of light and color at twilight from the summit area. Your vantage point at an elevation of 9,740 ft offers a sunset view that cannot be surpassed anyplace on earth.
- Haleakala Visitor Center, situated in rustic stone structure constructed in the 1930’s on the edge of a cliff, is where you can pick up souvenirs, books, site information, and more. The Park staff welcoming and ready to share their insights.
- “Descend from the Heavens” as you gently glide through the changes in topography, weather, and scenery accompany elevation changes, as Kula in Upcountry Maui comes into focus.
- Souvenir booklet containing facts, Hawaiian cultural information, and more.
- Hotel return after your inspiring tour.
Polynesian Adventure is operating our tours in compliance with local and state guidelines. Masks are required at all times onboard our vehicles as well as indoors unless actively eating or drinking and guests should follow social distancing guidelines as mandated by the state. The counties of Honolulu and Maui require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test taken 48 hours before joining a sightseeing tour, entering a restaurant, museum, etc. In compliance with county requirements, we will be checking guest’s vaccination cards (digital copies are allowed) or a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours along with valid photo identification prior to boarding on Maui and Oahu tours. These mandates are subject to change without notice.
- Dress warmly (important). The temperature can be as low as around 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Haleakala National Park admission fees included.
- Ranger Station at Haleakala National Park entrance.
- Comfortable 38-mile drive to the summit area of “The House of the Sun”, Haleakala.
- Breathtaking sunset viewing at 9,740 ft elevation summit area that you’ll never forget.
- Haleakala Visitor Center, with its souvenirs, fact-filled publications, and helpful staff.
- Top of the line Grech minibus tour vehicles with excellent amenities, superb visibility windows, and visual presentation on monitors (available in 6 languages) to augment professional live narration.
- Remarkable views of Kula, Upcountry Maui, and environs during descent.
- Kindly note that this tour is not recommended for guests with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude. People who have gone scuba diving should wait 72 hours before going on this tour. No refunds if sunset not visible due to inclement weather conditions. This tour is operated on rough, winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems. Dinner is not included to this tour.
Hotel pick-up is provided from major Maui hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. Phone our Reservations Department at 808-877-4242, 24 hours prior to the tour to re-confirm your pick up time and place. We are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s.
- Round-Trip Transportation in Air-Conditioned Comfort
- Applicable admissions
- Travel in comfort in a new Grech mini coach with panoramic windows
- Sunset viewing from atop beautiful Haleakala.
- Dinner is not included in this tour.
If this tour is canceled with more than 24 hours notice, the total amount is refunded. If the tour is canceled without 24 hours notice, full charges apply. No shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
- Adult (12+): $183.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (3-11): $107.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (2 and under): Free
Availability and Schedule:
Availability varies; please see booking calendar for up-to-date information.
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Other activities on Maui you may like:
💲 Starting at $215.00
⭐ Breakfast included
The other worldly landscape, altitude, unique flora, and pervasive influence of ancient Hawaiian culture combine to create an event simply beyond imagination.
💲 Starting at $214.00
⭐ Most popular
If you visit Maui, you absolutely “must” travel the picturesque Road to Hana, and you should enjoy it in the comfort of a deluxe, air-conditioned, smooth riding minibus with professional driver.
💲 Starting at $170.00
⭐ Most comprehensive
Your best day on Maui! See the island’s most memorable sites while your entertaining and knowledgeable guide takes care of the driving. You’ll stand on the summit area of Haleakala, world’s largest dormant volcano.