Oahu to Kauai: Waimea Canyon, Wailua River & Fern Grotto
Round-trip Airfare Included
Escape to another Hawaiian island for a day on this all-inclusive island-hopping tour. Indulge on your vacation and leave the planning to us! Interisland roundtrip airfare from Oahu to Kauai, roundtrip transportation from the Lihue Airport (LIH) and a sightseeing land tour with lunch.
Enjoy a day of scenic beauty, legends and history of the Garden Island. Journey down the tranquil Wailua River on an open air boat ride. Take a short, easy hike to the Fern Grotto where you’ll be serenaded by the Hawaiian Wedding Song.
Marvel at the vast expanse of Waimea Canyon from key lookout points on the ascent. The deep red cliffs were described by Mark Twain as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” Visit sprawling Kauai Coffee Plantation and Spouting Horn Blowhole where sea water is naturally propelled through lava rock fissures.
- Interisland flight from Oahu to Kauai
- Waimea Canyon – nicknamed “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, this epic natural wonder is over 10 miles long, 1 mile wide and more than 3,000 feet deep. The Waimea Canyon Lookout offers scenic views of the deep valley gorges with it’s striking red soil covered in greenery.
- ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls – This 151-foot-tall, 40-foot-wide waterfall is the most accessible major waterfalls on Kauai. ʻŌpaekaʻa” means “rolling shrimp,” which were once abundant in the stream.
- Spouting Horn Blowhole – crashing waves propel majestic jets of salt water through lava rock. One of the most photographed sites on Kauai.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout – panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane. Hanapepe was one of the locations visited by famous explored Charles Wilkes in 1840 on his United States Exploring Expedition.
- Wailua River – narrated two-mile ride on an open-air boat down a meandering freshwater river.
- Fern Grotto – at the end of the Wailua River, walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns. Listen to the melodious, live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song as you enjoy the verdant surroundings.
*Itinerary subject to change.
- 5:30 AM – arrive on your own at Honolulu International Airport (HNL). (There are no hotel transfers for this tour.) The airlines change their flight schedules frequently and at the last minute so please ensure that you check flight status on your own. At the Honolulu Airport, check-in on your own at the Hawaiian Airlines self-service kiosk or at the ticket counter for both flight segments to and from Lihue, Kauai. Please follow the instructions on your confirmation for where to meet your tour driver at Lihue Airport.
- Approximate return from Lihue to Oahu is 7:00 PM.
To meet aviation security requirements, guest’s name, birth date and gender is required when booking reservations along with weight and height for the helicopter tour. Names must exactly match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in.
Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or valid government-issued photo ID.
Guests are advised to not bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
There are NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS on all NEIGHBOR ISLAND DAY-TRIPS. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.
- Adult (12+): from $595.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (2-11): from $519.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (1 and under): Free
*Price is not guaranteed and subject to any applicable surcharges. Surcharges will be notified and collected after booking.
Availability and Schedule:
Availability; Mondays and Wednesdays
*please check booking calendar for up-to-date information.
Approximate Check In Time at Honolulu Airport:
Approximate Return Time to Honolulu Airport:
Please note there are no hotel transfers for this tour. Please proceed to the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter to check in for your flight to Kahului. Please check-in 90 minutes before your flight at the Honolulu Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter).
Other activities on Oahu you may like:
💲 Starting at $880.00
✅ Includes Airfare
Fly from Oahu to Hilo, on this Hawai‘i Island Helicopter Tour, for a volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds!