Oahu to Maui: Haleakala National Park, Iao Valley & Makawao
Round-trip Airfare Included
Escape to another Hawaiian island for a day on this all-inclusive island-hopping tour. Indulge on your vacation and leave the planning to us! Interisland roundtrip airfare from Oahu to Kahului, Maui, roundtrip transportation from the Kahului Airport (OGG) and a sightseeing land tour is included.
Experience Maui’s highlights on this laid-back journey showcasing nature’s finery, historic landmarks, and charming country towns. Haleakala is truly magnificent in the daytime hours; bathed in sunlight which brings its steep slopes to center stage and when endemic wildlife freely roams the landscape. Leisurely observe Nene geese in their native habitat and discover the secret of the rare Silversword plant.
Enjoy lunch on your own in Makawao town and browse unique shops and galleries. Known for its sunny weather and relaxed vibe, Makawao is the place to be. Make a brief stop at Kula Marketplace for one-of-a-kind gifts and a light snack. Explore Lahaina town on your own before returning to Oahu.
After a short walk past a meandering stream through a forest full of native Hawaiian plants, gaze high above at the iconic Iao Needle – a natural outcropping jutting from the mountain side; covered in emerald green vegetation and towering 1,200 feet over Iao valley. The valley is rich in history as a former ancient burial site for Hawaii’s royalty.
- Haleakala National Park is home to over 1,000 different species of plant life. During the 38-mile drive up the dormant volcano, you’ll see the magnificent Silversword plant, found nowhere else on earth, and pass ancient sacred locations, and breathtaking views from the safety and comfort of your mini coach.
- Haleakala was formed approximately 1 million years ago through the building of layers upon layers of flowing lava. It has been a sacred location for Polynesian people who settled on the island 400-650 A.D.
- Haleakala Visitor Center, at 9,740 feet elevation was constructed in 1936 and is a small stone structure on the edge of a cliff.
- Experience Climate and Topographical Changes as you gently glide through the varying elevations. Keep an eye out for the rare Nene Goose.
- Views of Kula come into focus when approaching the open country slopes of the district meet agricultural land in this rustic region, home to early Portuguese and Chinese immigrant plantation workers.
- ‘Iao Valley, a dense rainforest and ancient battleground, it was a burial site for ancient Hawaiian royalty. The iconic, greenery covered ‘Iao Needle towers 1,200 feet above the valley floor.
*Itinerary subject to change.
- Dress warmly (important) to be prepared for Haleakala where the temperature fluctuates and can be as low as around 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All admission fees included.
- Comfortable 38-mile drive to the “The House of the Sun”, Haleakala.
- Breathtaking viewing at 9,740 ft elevation.
- Mini coach vehicles with excellent amenities.
- Remarkable views of Kula, Upcountry Maui, and environs during descent.
- Have lunch on your own in charming and historic Makawao town.
- Kindly note that this tour is not recommended for guests with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude. People who have gone scuba diving should wait 72 hours before going on this tour. No refunds due to Haleakala due to inclement weather conditions impacting visibility. This tour is operated on rough, winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
- 5:00 AM – arrive on your own at Honolulu International Airport (HNL). (There are no hotel transfers for this tour.) The airlines change their flight schedules frequently and at the last minute so please ensure that you check flight status on your own. At the Honolulu Airport, check-in on your own at the Hawaiian Airlines self-service kiosk or at the ticket counter for both flight segments to and from Kahului, Maui. Please follow the instructions on your confirmation for where to meet your tour driver at Kahului Airport.
- Approximate return from Kahului to Oahu is 7:00 PM.
To meet aviation security requirements, guest’s name, birth date and gender is required when booking reservations along with weight and height for the helicopter tour. Names must exactly match the name and birth date on government-issued photo ID and/or passport for airline check-in.
Passengers must clear TSA at the Honolulu Airport, so please bring a passport or valid government-issued photo ID.
Guests are advised to not bring large or heavy bags on the flight.
There are NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS on all NEIGHBOR ISLAND DAY-TRIPS. No name or date changes will be honored once booking is confirmed.
- Adult (12+): from $530.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (2-11): from $506.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (1 and under): Free
*Price is not guaranteed and subject to any applicable surcharges. Surcharges will be notified and collected after booking.
Availability and Schedule:
Availability; Wednesdays and Fridays
*please check booking calendar for up-to-date information.
Approximate Check In Time at Honolulu Airport:
Approximate Return Time to Honolulu Airport:
Please note there are no hotel transfers for this tour. Please proceed to the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter to check in for your flight to Kahului. Please check-in 90 minutes before your flight at the Honolulu Airport (Hawaiian Airlines counter).
Other activities on Oahu you may like:
💲 Starting at $880.00
✅ Includes Airfare
Fly from Oahu to Hilo, on this Hawai‘i Island Helicopter Tour, for a volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds!