Historic Kona Tour
Step off your cruise and step back in time on this tour of historic Kona.
On this cruise ship excursion, we share Kailua-Kona’s history to set the stage for your trip back in time to Puuhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park – an ancient Hawaiian village of refuge for kapu (law) breakers.
We show you a beautiful scenic view overlooking Kealakekua Bay – an underwater preserve and where a monument to Captain Cook stands. Here, he sailed in and was received as the god, Lono, yet he proved to be a mere mortal and was slain. Visit the Painted Church – the tiny church Belgian priests painted to be a grand cathedral. Experience history as rich as the brew at the Kona coffee factory we visit as well.
Don’t miss your chance to discover Kona on this Hawaii cruise excursion!
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
- Puuhonua O Honaunau National Park* An ancient Hawaiian village of refuge. The Puuhonua protected the kapu breakers, defeated warriors, as well as civilians during the time of battle.
- Kealakekua Bay (drive by only) – Captain Cook arrived here in 1779. Historical landmark views include the religious site Hikiau-heiau and Captain Cook’s monument across Kealakekua Bay.
- Benedict’s Painted Church* Built between 1899-1902, Belgian priests painted this church to be a grand cathedral.
- Royal Kona Coffee* The largest roaster of Kona Coffee in the world. Experience history as rich as the brew at the Kona coffee factory.
* Denotes stop made
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Lunch is not included.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs. and the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable. For combo bookings, the scheduled day of service is defined as the day of the first tour in the combo.
Adult (18+): $79.00
Child: (4-11): $69.00
Available on select days for cruise ship passengers only.
- Pick up time: 10:00 AM
- Approximate return time: 2:00 PM