Journey to Waimea Canyon
Discover the natural beauty and experience one of the best views of the western coast of Kauai.
In stark contrast to Kauai’s lushness is the Waimea Canyon State Park. It’s known as “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific” and it’s easy to see why. Its dramatic landscape with sandstone and reddish hues was created over thousands of years by earthquakes and erosion.
Though it’ll be hard to tear your eyes away from the gorgeous Waimea Canyon on this guided Kauai cruise excursion, be sure to look around and enjoy the panoramic vistas and one of the best views of the western coast of the island.
Along with the ever-present natural beauty of Waimea Canyon State Park, historical and cultural spots enhance this tour of Hawaii. Discover the remains of the early 19th-century Russian Fort Elizabeth and Old Koloa Town, a historic plantation town now known for its great shopping and dining.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
- Spouting Horn*– One of the most photographed spots on Kauai, with ocean water spraying like a geyser up to 50 feet in the air.
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout*– A picturesque view of the lush tropical valley, a former Hawaiian taro farming community with some of the taro patches still being farmed today.
- Waimea Canyon*– Known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, this natural wonder was carved out by the Waimea River and the collapse of a volcano. The rich colors of the red soil and the lush greenery are a spectacular site to see.
- Queen Victoria’s profile– Haupu Mountain range offers a profile of the British Queen Victoria.
- Waimea town– This old seaport was the first landing site of European explorers. Today, it is home to the island’s last sugar plantation and located in the backyard of high-tech companies and small businesses.
- Fort Elizabeth– The last Russian Fort on the Hawaiian Islands.
- Koloa town– From some of the oldest buildings in the state, to rich history of Hawaii’s first successful Sugar Plantation, discover how this main port of entry was a favorite amongst the whaling fleet.
* denotes stop made
- Wear walking shoes and dress comfortably.
- Robert’s Hawaii, Inc. shall not be liable to any individual utilizing these tour programs for delays, injury, loss, accident or damage to persons or property beyond its control. Natural phenomena are random and out of the control of the tour operator. Prices and features are subject to change without notice.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs. and the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 4 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.
Child (4-11 yrs): $59.00
Availability and Schedule:
Available on select days for cruise ship passengers only.
- Pick up time: 8:30 AM
- Approximate return time: 1:30 PM