Historic Hilo Bay and Waterfalls by Kayak Tour
Come experience the views of Hilo town from a different perspective, with a guided kayak or paddle board adventure! Two hour fully guided and narrated tours of Hilo Bay depart the pier behind KapohoKine Adventures store. Join our knowledgeable and lifeguard certified guides as we explore the history of this intriguing area, from the surprising history of Moku Ola (coconut island) to the changes our dynamic landscape has made to Hilo town. We’ll mosey along tranquil rivers and explore hidden waterfalls, beaches, and a hydroelectric plant, all the while keeping an eye out for friendly honu. Take a refreshing dip if you’d like before heading back to shore. Water and light snack provided.
Looking for a more personalized experience, traveling with a group or family, or just want to keep the experience personal? Private three hour guided kayak or SUP tours with deli style lunch and refreshments are also available. Days and times are flexible based on your expectations with advance notice.
This tour picks up from hotels around the Hilo area of the Big Island.
Water and light snack provided.
This tour lasts approximately 2-4 hours.
Great tour for all ages!
Water, light snacks and kayak equipment provided.
Guests must cancel tour no less than 48 hours before tour departure for a full refund.
The Health and safety of our staff and guests are a top priority at Hawaii Forest & Trail. Although the risk of COVID-19 can not be eliminated, we have taken the following steps to mitigate these risks:
Hawaii Forest & Trail has implemented new Health and Safety Policies based on guidance and requirements by the State of Hawaii and CDC. The following requirements will need to be met in order to join us:
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test through the Hawaii Safe Travel Program or proof of 14 day quarantine (airline generated flight itinerary) Test results must be presented upon check-in.
- Health Questionnaire and temperature check with contactless infrared thermometer completed prior to your participation
- Face masks are required at all times in our vehicles and wherever social distancing is not possible. Guests agree to follow guide instructions.
- Group sizes are limited to 9 guests.
- Guest time in the van has been shrunk wherever possible. Pickups closer to tour destinations have been added and encouraged.
- All vehicles and gear are sanitized following every tour using commercial grease sanitizing equipment with CDC approved sanitizers.
- All staff are required to complete a daily health screening and temperature check before starting their shift
- Face Masks are worn at all times in our vans and on our facility.
- Protocols to reduce contact between employees have been put in place
- Access to free COVID-19 testing is made available through the state of Hawaii.
CALL TO BOOK TODAY!
Per person: $139.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Call for more information.
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Varies depending on your hotel
Approximate Return Time:
Other Activities you might like:
💲 Starting at $209.00
✅ For an out-of-this-world experience
Our in-house stellar explorers are the best and most experienced in Hawaii with one having created the Mauna Kea Visitor’s Center and operated it for a decade. pick up from Hilo Area,
💲 Starting at $178.00
✅ Features Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Our Big Island Volcano Tour Adventure is once again visiting parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP).