Ultimate Circle Island Tour from Kona
Explore the Big Island on a Circle Tour from Kona!
This adventure is designed for the intrepid sightseeing traveler wishing to see as much of the Big Island as possible in one day. Travel south into Kona coffee country for the first stop at Bay View Farm, a working 24 acre coffee farm nestled on the slopes of Mauna Loa Volcano just above beautiful Kealakekua Bay and known for the best Kona coffee since 1984. Here you’ll see coffee growing on the trees and learn about the various steps and processes in making coffee, all of which happen right here on the farm. You’ll sample 100% Kona Coffee at a gorgeous overlook with stunning views of Kealakekua Bay and the monument to Captain Cook standing on the only sliver of British land in the United States.
The adventure continues as you head through the South Kona and Ka’u Districts. Stunning views, alternating between stark lava flows and Hawaiian dry forest, are visible through the huge picture windows of your tour vehicle. We stop briefly at picturesque Punalu’u Black Sand Beach. Lined with swaying coconut palm trees, this is one of the best black sand beaches on the island. Stroll along the beach and look for honu (Green Hawaiian Sea Turtles) feeding just offshore or sun-worshipping on the sand. Next travel to the crown jewel of Hawaii, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Visit the Kilauea Visitor’s Center, the Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, and Steaming Bluffs. Take a walk through the famous Volcano House to view the smoking and steaming Kilauea Caldera. Dropping down into the lush eastern side of Kilauea Volcano our next stop is Big Island Candies. Founded in 1977, Big Island Candies is synonymous with quality. Big Island Candies welcomes everyone with samples of their amazing confections, still handmade using only the highest quality ingredients. Peek through the windows into the factory or browse the selection of gorgeous jewel-box gifts. Travel through quaint Hilo town next where you’ll drive along the historic waterfront as you continue on to stunning Rainbow Falls.
Next is Waipio Valley, known as the Valley of Kings, is a place of impossibly steep cliffs carved by plunging waterfalls cascading more than a thousand feet to the valley floor below. Waipio Valley is still home to taro farmers as it has been for a thousand years. Look closely from the overlook and glimpses of the wild horses that roam the valley floor might be possible. Deli Style picnic lunch included.
This tour picks up from hotels around the Kona area of the Big Island.
Picnic-style lunch is included with this tour.
This tour is an all-day tour lasting approximately 11 hours.
Great tour for all ages!
Picnic style lunch is included.
Guests must cancel tour no less than 48 hours before tour departure for a full refund.
The Health and safety of our staff and guests are a top priority at Hawaii Forest & Trail. Although the risk of COVID-19 can not be eliminated, we have taken the following steps to mitigate these risks:
Hawaii Forest & Trail has implemented new Health and Safety Policies based on guidance and requirements by the State of Hawaii and CDC. The following requirements will need to be met in order to join us:
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test through the Hawaii Safe Travel Program or proof of 14 day quarantine (airline generated flight itinerary) Test results must be presented upon check-in.
- Health Questionnaire and temperature check with contactless infrared thermometer completed prior to your participation
- Face masks are required at all times in our vehicles and wherever social distancing is not possible. Guests agree to follow guide instructions.
- Group sizes are limited to 9 guests.
- Guest time in the van has been shrunk wherever possible. Pickups closer to tour destinations have been added and encouraged.
- All vehicles and gear are sanitized following every tour using commercial grease sanitizing equipment with CDC approved sanitizers.
- All staff are required to complete a daily health screening and temperature check before starting their shift
- Face Masks are worn at all times in our vans and on our facility.
- Protocols to reduce contact between employees have been put in place
- Access to free COVID-19 testing is made available through the state of Hawaii.
Adult (13+): $269.00 + taxes and fees
Child (12 and under): $264.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Available daily except for Tuesdays and Fridays
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Varies depending on your hotel
Approximate Return Time:
Other Activities you might like:
💲 Starting at $199.00
✅ Kona Coffee Farm, Waterfalls, Volcanoes National Park and Black Sand Beach
Professional guide sharing knowledge of the history, cultures, and geology of the island
💲 Starting at $225.00
✅ Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Black Sand Beach, Kona Coffee Farm and Stargazing near Maunakea
View the glowing lava inside the active volcanic crater that brightens up the night sky
💲 Starting at $149.00
✅ Visit National Historical Parks, Kona Coffee Plantation and Big Island Bees
Delve into the fascinating history and vibrant culture of the Big Island of Hawaii.