Shore Excursion: Volcanoes National Park & Rainbow Falls Tour from Hilo
The Hawaii Volcanoes and Rainbow Falls cruise excursion visits the Liliuokalani Gardens (drive through), Rainbow Falls, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park including Steam Vents Look Out, Visitor Center, and Halema’uma’u crater. See the ultimate sights and attractions around the Island of Hawaii on this exceptional tour.
Explore Volcanoes National park, home to Kīlauea, the most active volcano in the world. Learn how volcanic events have impacted the landscape and the lives of the people that live here. Highlights of the tour include a stop at Rainbow Falls, a waterfall with an 80-foot drop, known for the many rainbows formed in its surrounding mist. Sit back and relax as you are transported in your air-conditioned motor coach to Volcanoes National Park where 70 million years of volcanic history are on display. At just over 4,000 feet, Kīlauea is not the tallest volcano on the Big Island, but as the world’s most active one, it leaves a large lava footprint. Drive along the part of crater’s rim for views of this dramatic landscape.
*Prices shown are for current schedules only and may be subject to change.
- Liliuokalani Garden The park’s site was donated by Queen Liliuokalani. Built 1917-1919, and largest such gardens outside Japan.
- Rainbow Falls State Park* A majestic waterfall that cascades 80 feet over a lava cave and where rainbows are often seen in the rising mist.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park* Home to Kilauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, volcanic craters and more.
- Steam Vents Look Out* Feel the heat as you witness volcanic steam seeping out of fissures in the ground along the Kilauea Caldera.
- Visitor Center* Features exhibits covering the park’s environment, history and culture. Here you will learn about the volcano and volcanic activity.
- Halema’uma’u* Halema’uma’u is a pit crater within the much larger Kīlauea Caldera at the summit of Kīlauea volcano.
* Denotes stop made
*Schedule subject to change.
- Children under the age of 4 are FREE and must be seated on an adult’s lap. If you require a seat for a child under the age of 4, the above rate will be applicable.
- Wear lightweight, layered clothing that will keep you warm and sturdy, comfortable shoes.
- Route may be modified due to National Park advisories
- No guaranteed sightings of lava flows.
- Volcanic fumes can be hazardous. This tour is not recommended for visitors with heart or breathing problems and infants, young children, and pregnant women.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. National Park advisories, traffic congestion, inclement weather, etc.) the routing and times are subject change.
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. Roberts will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler.
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs. and the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches
- Not all stops on this tour are ADA accessible
- Tour subject to cancellation if the minimum number of 6 participants is not met.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to your first scheduled tour service, for a refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.
- A 10% service fee and 6% booking fee will be withheld for any cancelled reservation paid by credit card.
Adult (12+): $131.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (4-11): $131.00 + taxes and fees
*Price subject to change. Please check booking calendar for up to date pricing.
Available on Tuesdays for PRIDE OF AMERICA cruise ship passengers only.
- Pick up time from the Pier: 8:30 AM
- Approximate return time to the Pier: 1:00 PM
- Tour Duration: 4.5 hours
Other activities on the Big Island you may like:
Starting at $70.00
✅ See an ancient Hawaiian village
✅ Transportation from/to Kona Harbor
✅ For NCL Pride of America Cruise ship Passengers
We share Kailua-Kona’s history to set the stage for your trip back in time to Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park – an ancient Hawaiian village of refuge for kapu (law) breakers.
Starting at $175.00
✅ Visit National Historical Parks, Kona Coffee Plantation and Big Island Bees
✅ Convenient Pick-up from hotels in Keahou, Kona, Waikoloa, Kohala, and the Kailua-Kona Pier
Visit an ancient Hawaiian site, churches and a royal palace along the Coast. Stop at a local honey & coffee farms and taste the specialties of the Big Island.