Sunset on the Ridge
Join us on a unique walk through a serene forest that culminates with a breathtaking sunset. We have exclusive access to the area, so you’ll enjoy a tranquil tour with your family, friends, or small group. At an elevation of 2,400 feet above sea level, you’ll experience sweeping views of the west side of the island. During this Oahu walking tour, you’ll learn about the history and culture of the islands and the cherished relationship between the people and the land. Our naturalist guide will also share the legends of the land and history of Hawaii. After a short, family-friendly hike through the forest, you can relax and enjoy island fresh appetizers as you relish in the glow of a Hawaiian sunset. Oahu sunset views vary with Mother Nature.
- With exclusive access to the trail, you’ll experience a family-friendly, tranquil walk through the uplands of Waianae and can take in breathtaking views of Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and Diamond Head.
- Savor a scenic Oahu sunset from a private location up on the ridge at Palehua. Watch the sunset as it slips over the horizon of the Pacific. Enjoy chef’s choice of appetizers including seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Exclusive access to locations not open to the public. Your naturalist guide will escort you through the forest and share legends, history, and the culture of Hawaii.
- When does the Oahu sunset tour happen? Late afternoon through sunset. Tour departs between 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm as times change with the season. Approx. 3 hours.
- How far do we hike? We will walk/hike about 1 mile. Rated easy to moderate with several short climbs. Must be able to ascend and descend stairs. A shorter version of the walk allows for members in the group to sit out part of the walk and still enjoy the appetizers and sunset together.
- What should I wear? Guests should wear closed-toe walking shoes, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket.
- Is this a family-friendly hike tour? Yes. Families, friends or small groups can partake in this tour. Note: Children under 3 years old must be carried in a backpack carrier.
- Are there restrictions? Physical – Must be able to walk over uneven, muddy, or slippery terrain and up short climbs. Not recommended for those with back or neck problems or for pregnant women. Includes: Walking staffs, rain gear, daypacks, water, access fees and appetizers.
The tour is approx. 3 hours and runs from late afternoon through sunset. Departures vary by season from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
Daypacks, walking staffs, water, sunscreen & bug spray. Chef’s choice appetizers; island fresh fruits and vegetables.
Daypacks, walking staffs, water, sunscreen bug spray.
Adult (13+): $129.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (12-under): $110 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Approximate Pick-up Time:
3:30 PM ~ 5:30 PM (varies with season)
Approximate Return Time:
6:30 PM ~ 8:30 PM (varies with season)
Other activities on Oahu you may like:
💲 Starting at $132.80
⭐ Most Popular
✅ Convenient Pick-ups from Waikiki, Ko’Olina and The Pier 2
Be captivated by Oahu’s unique beauty and dramatic history. Tour highlights: Byodo-In Temple, Waimea Valley and Dole Pineapple Plantation.
💲 Starting at $139.00
✅ Catered bento and drinks included
✅ Departs from Hilton Pier, Waikiki
Relax on a scenic barefoot sailing excursion for about an hour and a half. Dine on an individualized packed light appetizers and assorted beverages.