Quicksilver Maui – Lanai Snorkeling Cruise & Dolphin Encounter
An Incredible Snorkeling Adventure in Lanai Ocean from Lahaina!
Looking for a chance to do some snorkeling in Lanai? Let the Quicksilver take you to the underwater world of Lanai.
Begin your day by boarding the Quiksilver in Lahaina Harbor where the sea breezes are calm and you can sit on one of the two decks and relax. Squint over Maui Nui Basin and you can see Manele Bay on Lanai’s south shore.
Shark Fin Rock, on the other hand, is not visible at all, until a double-decker boat takes you around the west coast of the island to reveal more spectacular terrain. Others, like Sweetheart Rock, are steeped in Hawaiian legend. Quiksilver’s captain and crew are always ready to tell these ancient tales with a heart of aloha.
The waters around Lanai are filled with sheer cliffs, craggy rocks, and coral reefs teeming with colorful marine life. Offshore, large pods of bottlenose dolphins spend much of their time in the channel. These amazing marine mammals are often seen diving, leaping, and swimming alongside boats.
Because the area is less developed and has fewer humans than Maui, Oahu, or Kauai, there is more space and time for coral and other reef life to thrive. Exploring the snorkeling sites can be fun. From the spacious reefs of Manele Bay to the unique coral reefs of Shark Fin Rock, this Lanai snorkeling tour will leave you with lasting memories.
- Breakfast: fruit, muffins, pastries, juice (passion, orange, guava), soft drinks, hot coffee/tea, water
- Lunch: Deli sandwiches or pulled pork sandwich with BBQ sauce, a vegetarian option (usually a salad), coleslaw, chips, chocolate chip cookie, soft drinks, juice, water
- Water slide
- Professional captain and crew
- Use of top-quality snorkel gear and flotation devices
- Ice-cold soda, juice, coffee or tea
- Two restrooms on ship
- Two freshwater showers on ship
- Informative and historical narration
- “Jump for Joy” Jumping Platform
- Dolphin Search
- Whale Watching (When in Season, December – April)
*Subject to change
- Adult beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off not included or available
- Wetsuit and underwater digital camera rentals (available for purchase)
- Dramamine (available for purchase)
- Paid parking available in Lahaina
- T-shirts (available for purchase)
Travel and Experience the island of Lanai
One of the most unique places to snorkel on Maui is actually on Lanai, off the island of Maui. Pineapple Isle, 8.8 miles across the channel, is Maui’s closest neighbor. Today it is home to two luxury resorts with golf courses, but it was once the largest pineapple plantation farmland in the world. In earlier times, it was one of the places where lawbreakers were banished to Maui.
Today, the catamaran ship Quicksilver’s Lanai snorkeling tours offer the opportunity to visit this amazing place. Lanai offers excellent snorkeling sites and is teeming with marine life. On board the Quiksilver, you can often see spinner dolphins jumping and circling in the air. Lanai is home to a huge school of over 100 of these social marine mammals.
The snorkeling sites on Lanai are located at the bottom of cliffs more than 30 meters high. As you can imagine, the photo opportunities are unbeatable. Snorkeling in remote locations such as Manele Bay and Shark Fin Rock are few and far between in the world, each with visibility of about 30 meters.
- Wheelchair accessible, however all surfaces are not wheelchair accessible (uneven terrain, stairs, etc.). Boat is Stroller accessible. Near public transportation. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
CALL TO BOOK TODAY!
Adult (13+): $139.95 + taxes and fees
Child (7-12): $109.95 + taxes and fees
Child (6 and under): Free
*Price subject to change. Please check booking calendar for latest pricing.
Availability and Schedule:
Tour is available daily
- Check-in Time 6:00 AM
- Departure Time 6:30 AM
- Return Time 12:30 NOON
*Schedule subject to change
Main Loading Dock, 675 Wharf Street, Lahaina, HI 96761
*Transportation option is not available for this activity.
Other Activities on the Maui you may like:
💲 Starting at $279.00
✅ Departs from Lahaina, Maui
Join us for a fun one-day snorkeling trip from Maui to the island of Lana’i. Includes breakfast, BBQ lunch and 2 premium cocktails
💲 Starting at $190.00
✅ Must-do activity on Maui
Join us for a fun half-day snorkeling trip from Ma’alaea Boat Harbor, Maui. Includes 2 snorkeling sites, breakfast, BBQ lunch and 2 premium cocktails.
💲 Starting at $89.95
✔ Departs from the Lahaina Harbor
Enjoy a Quicksilver Cruise and go for the afternoon snorkel adventure in Lahaina Turtle Town.