Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour
A volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds! Our Big Island Volcano Tour Adventure is once again visiting parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP). Recent volcanic eruptions have drastically changed the landscape of the park, and for the time being, the Visitor Center, Steam Vents, Thurston Lava Tube, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only areas that have reopened.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – Breakfast Buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail* – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Thurston Lava Tube*
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory*
- Akaka Falls* – epic 442 foot waterfall surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo.
- If you are staying in the Kona area, we suggest taking our Circle Island Tour from Kona.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:45 AM and returns at approximately 7:00 PM.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-833-3000.
- Round-Trip Transportation
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Expert, Live Narration
If this tour is canceled with more than 24 hours notice, the total amount is refunded. If the tour is canceled without 24 hours notice, full charges apply. No shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
- Adult (12+): $142.61 + taxes and fees
- Child (3-11): $77.93 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (2 and under): Free
Availability and Schedule:
Available Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time: