Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour from Hilo
Discover the source of Hawaii Island’s creation at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters, and the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour. Bear witness to the 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Peer into the depths of Halemaumau Crater which has remarkably doubled in size and watch steam clouds form as ground water seeps onto hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
Enjoy an included picnic lunch at off-shore Coconut Island. Marvel at not one by two spectacular waterfalls – Rainbow and Akaka Falls. Gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook where older lava flows melted into the ocean. Stroll barren Devastation Trail to see evidence of Kilauea’s eruption in 1959 and drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Rainbow Falls – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Akaka Falls – Set in a rainforest filled with bamboo groves, orchids and hanging ferns Akaka Falls is a must see
- Hilo Town – Including Banyan Drive, Richardson’s Black Sand Beach & Liliuokalani Gardens
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:45 AM and returns at approximately 7:00 PM.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-833-3000.
- Round-Trip Transportation
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Expert, Live Narration
- Picnic Lunch
If this tour is canceled with more than 24 hours notice, the total amount is refunded. If the tour is canceled without 24 hours notice, full charges apply. No shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
- Adult (12+): $187.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (3-11): $130.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (2 and under): Free
Availability and Schedule:
Available on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo.
Check your confirmation emails for pick up details.
Other Activities on the Big Island you may like:
💲 Starting at $229.90
✅ For an out-of-this-world experience
Our in-house stellar explorers are the best and most experienced in Hawaii with one having created the Mauna Kea Visitor’s Center and operated it for a decade. pick up from Hilo Area,
💲 Starting at $152.90
✅ Come experience the views of Hilo town from a different perspective, with a guided kayak or paddle board adventure!
Water, light snacks and kayak equipment provided.