Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour
A volcano adventure where you’ll view dormant and active volcanoes, craters, steam vents and miles of lava beds! Our Big Island Volcano Tour Adventure is once again visiting parts of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (HVNP). Recent volcanic eruptions have drastically changed the landscape of the park, and for the time being, the Visitor Center, Steam Vents, Thurston Lava Tube, and parts of Chain of Craters Road are the only areas that have reopened.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* – Breakfast Buffet (on own)
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook* – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook* – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail* – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Thurston Lava Tube* – temporarily closed
- Lavaloha Chocolate tour*
- O.K. Farms Spice Road experience
- Rainbow Falls* – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Hilo Town
- Banyan Drive
- Richardson’s Black Sand Beach
- Liliuokalani Gardens
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo.
- If you are staying in the Kona area, we suggest taking our Circle Island Tour from Kona.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:45 AM and returns at approximately 7:00 PM.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pick up time and location by calling 808-833-3000.
- Round-Trip Transportation
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Expert, Live Narration
If this tour is canceled with more than 24 hours notice, the total amount is refunded. If the tour is canceled without 24 hours notice, full charges apply. No shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
At Polynesian Adventure Travel, the safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we have elevated our existing cleaning regimen and developed the POLYAD CLEAN RIDE Program which has enhanced procedures and protocols for cleaning and disinfecting our fleet to the standards recommended by the CDC using EPA-approved products.
✓ Cabin Air Purification & Rapid Air Exchange
✓ Enhanced Air Filtration
✓ HVAC Sanitization
✓ Fully Disinfected Coaches & Mini-Buses
✓ Hand Sanitizer Stations Available
✓ CDC/EPA Approved Disinfectants
✓ Attention to Critical Touch Points
✓ Complete Coach Disinfectant Fogging
✓ Masked Drivers
✓ Attention to Detail
✓ Industry Best Practices
✓ Comprehensive Driver Training
✓ Commitment to Professional Care
✓ Entrance door surfaces
✓ All handrails and touch surfaces used for entering and exiting vehicle
✓ Driver area including steering wheel and all driver controls in cockpit area
✓ Overhead handrails, parcel racks, and parcel rack handles
✓ All seat headrests, armrests and seat belts, and reclining levers
✓ Passenger seating area controls
✓ Seat backs and trays
✓ Restroom door handles inside and out
✓ All Surface areas within Restroom
✓ Entrance door handles
✓ Controls (exterior)
✓ All handrails/grabrails in the entrance
✓ The entire interior surface of the entrance door
✓ The entire interior surface of stairwell including driver compartment hatch
✓ The steering wheel
✓ Driver controls in the cockpit area
✓ Driver seatbelt buckle/latch
✓ Driver headrest
✓ Microphones and AV outlets in TD seat
✓ Upper handrails
✓ Parcel racks and parcel rack handles
✓ Seat armrests
✓ Recliner levers
✓ Seat bottoms
✓ All seat fabric
✓ All seat belt buckles/latches
✓ Overhead Seat Light Switches and Directional Air Vents
✓ Lavatory door handles inside and out
✓ Toilet seat
✓ Lavatory shelf
✓ Lavatory hand sanitizer container
✓ The Exterior luggage door handles engine bay access,
✓ Engine/Mechanical access doors and handles
✓ Window ledges
✓ Pulls on all blinds
✓ Emergency roof hatch surfaces
✓ Emergency window exit levers
✓ The entire floor of the motor coach including stairs
✓ All interior glass windows
✓ First Aid Kit
✓ Fire Extinguishers
✓ HVAC Filters – exterior
✓ HVAC Filters – interior
✓ All Surface Complete Misting/Fogging
1. Will Polynesian Adventure require guests to wear a mask? – Yes, Masks are mandatory to wear in the state of Hawaii and will be required.
2. Will Polynesian Adventure’s drivers wear a mask? – Yes, all drivers will be provided with and required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
3. Will Polynesian Adventure take each guest’s temperatures before boarding? – No, we will not.
4. Will Polynesian Adventure take their drivers temperature each day? – No, but every scheduled driver will self-certify each day that they are well and not showing signs or symptoms of illness prior to starting their shift.
5. Will Polynesian Adventure provide masks to guests? – Guests will need to bring their own mask or face covering. In the event their mask is lost or damaged, a replacement will be provided at no charge.
6. What is Polynesian Adventure’s physical distancing requirements? – For charter and cruise guests, Polynesian Adventure will leave distancing requirements to the discretion of their agent, unless there are other mandatory regulatory or CDC regulations that everyone must follow. The front row will be blocked off to provided distancing for our drivers.
7. What is the capacity on Polynesian Adventure’s sightseeing tours? – Sightseeing tours will operate at 50% capacity. The front row will be blocked off to provided distancing for our drivers. Groups traveling together can sit with each other. There will be an empty row between each group/person. Guest will be required to utilize the same seat throughout the tour.
8. What cleaning products are used to clean and sanitize the coach? – All products are from the approved CDC and EPA recommended list.
9. Will Polynesian Adventure provide hand sanitizer? – Yes, hand sanitizer is available at the entrance of every vehicle and in the lavatory.
10. How often is the 10-point disinfection done? – The 10-point Disinfection is done multiple times per day
11. How often is the 36-point disinfection done? – The 36-point Disinfection is done at the end of each day.
12. Will Polynesian Adventure have the restroom on the vehicle be available for use? – Yes, the lavatory will be available for use on unless otherwise requested.
*As more guidelines are issued, we will update our protocols.
- Adult (12+): $193.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (3-11): $150.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (2 and under): Free
Availability and Schedule:
Availability varies; please check booking calendar for up-to-date information.
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo.
Check your confirmation emails for pick up details.