Kauai Waimea Canyon & Koke’e Adventure Tour
Journey through the heart of Kauai’s countryside where you’ll ascend a vast mountain via a meandering road engulfed by trees and endless fields to reveal what Mark Twain aptly described as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” It’s hard to believe that the immense cliffs and deep gorges of the Waimea Canyon could exist on an island – you’ll be mesmerized by its scenic beauty long after your vacation.
Watch the ocean waves propel jets of water through lava rock at the Spouting Horn Blowhole. In quaint Hanapepe town amid sugar cane fields, view Hanapepe Valley from the lookout and cross the famous Hanapepe Swinging Bridge.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages, Chicken in a Barrel BBQ with stunning ocean front views fronting a two‐mile black sand beach.
Venture down a nature trail in Koke’e State Park for an easy hike surrounded by native Hawaiian flora and fauna. The first portion of the hike is a gradual uphill stroll for about 30 yards, then the land levels; hugging the contours of the hill. Listen for the lyrical chirping of the rare red ‘apapane or i’iwi bird species who sip nectar from the blossoms on the native trees.
Peer at the expanse of Waimea Valley from Puu Hinahina lookout point and visit the recently unveiled King Kaumuali‘i Statue at Pa‘ula‘ula, more commonly known as the Russian Fort.
Lastly, you’ll be welcomed at the Kauai Coffee Plantation near the coast for a stroll through the coffee orchard that leads toward the ocean. See the entire coffee process from initial blossoming and harvesting to the final roasting. Sample the exclusive line of estate‐grown Hawaiian coffees while relaxing beneath the warm Hawaiian sun.
- Spouting Horn
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout
- Hanapepe Swinging Bridge
- Lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages
- Waimea Canyon (stop at key lookout points to be viewed from the coach)
- Koke’e State Park (short, easy trail hike)
- Puu Hinahina Lookout(dramatic views of Waimea Valley)
- Kekaha Beach
- Russian Fort / King Kaumuali’i Statue
- Kauai Coffee Plantation
UPDATE: Until further notice, the viewing platforms at Waimea Valley lookout area are being renovated to improve stability. Waimea Canyon will be viewed from key lookout areas.
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient Kauai locations.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:30 AM and returns at approximately 5:30 PM.
- 24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pickup time and location by calling 808-246-0122.
- Round-Trip Transportation
- Expert, Live Narration
- Lunch at Waimea Plantation Cottages, Chicken in a Barrel BBQ
Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient Kauai locations.
If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:30 AM and returns at approximately 5:30 PM.
24 hours prior to your tour, please re-confirm your pickup time and location by calling 808-246-0122.
If this tour is canceled with more than 48 hours notice, the total amount is refunded. If the tour is canceled without 48 hours notice, full charges apply. No shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
- Adult (12+): $170.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (3-11): $137.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (2 and under): Free
Availability and Schedule:
Available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time: