Afternoon Sail and Snorkel Tour
EXPLORE THE KONA COAST ON A TROPICAL SNORKELING TOUR.
Your afternoon, Big Island snorkeling tour begins with a sail down the beautiful Kona Coast on the Hokulani, our spacious 45-foot trimaran. We’ll stop in the pristine waters of world-famous Kealakekua Bay. This marine sanctuary is one of the best snorkeling spots in Hawaii, with clear blue waters and a vibrant reef to explore.
The Hokulani sets sail from Keauhou Bay at 2:00 pm. As we sail down the Kona Coast, keep an eye out for Humpback Whales, from Dec-April, and Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, year-round.
Approximately 45-minutes later, we’ll enter Historic Kealakekua Bay, where you’ll spot the World Famous Captain Cook Monument. “Hawaii the Big Island Revealed” guidebook says, “snorkeling in Kealakekua Bay near the monument is perhaps the best you will find anywhere in the state.” Bring an underwater camera to capture the colorful schools of fish and sea life swimming through the vibrant reef and ancient lava flows.
Enjoy the view and sip on a beer or tropical cocktail over light snacks, or “pupus” as the locals call them. These include Maui Style chips and fresh, tropical fruits and beverages. Then it’s back to Keauhou Bay, arriving by approximately 5 pm. While your Hawaii snorkel adventure has come to an end, your memories will last a lifetime.
Your captain will select the best snorkeling sites in Kealakekua Bay, as our friendly and professional crew will provide site briefings and historical facts. Our crew will provide snorkel tips and basic instructions to guests of all ages and experience levels.
Life jackets, floatation noodles, and view finder boards as well as masks, fins, and snorkels are all provided aboard the Hokulani. The crew will guide you into the water and will have lunch ready when you have snorkeled up an appetite. Snorkel time is approximately 1 hour.
Dress comfortably for your Hawaii snorkeling tour. Bring swimwear, a cover-up, sunglasses, reef-safe sunscreen, a hat, towel, and camera. Note that we have limited space to stow gear and keep it dry. Sea Paradise operates “shoe-less boats,” so wear sandals or slippers that are easy to remove. Gratuity is not included in the price of the tour, but tips are greatly appreciated. Upload your favorite photos to us on Instagram or Facebookand hashtag #seaparadisehawaii.
The safety and well-being of our guests and staff has and always will be our number one priority. We have increased our safety measures and precautions on all of our sailing and snorkeling tours.
In order to better protect you and other customers, we are following CDC recommendations and intensifying our already rigorous health and safety measures. The following is now in effect:
- We have reduced our tour capacity to ensure social distancing.
- Guests will sign a waiver online and directly check in at the boat. Guests will follow state guidelines for traveling restrictions.
- Our crew will be required to take a temperature check and will be monitored for any COVID symptoms.
- All surfaces and equipment are scrubbed and sanitized before, during and after each tour.
- Snorkel equipment is scrubbed and disinfected before and after each tour.
- Food items will be served by an assigned crew member wearing protective equipment.
- We will have a cashless bar for credit/debit card purchases.
- Currently both crew and guests are required to wear masks unless they are eating, drinking, swimming, snorkeling, active, or medically unable to wear.
- We are well stocked with cleaning supplies and provide hand sanitizer.
- Hand washing stations are available to staff and guests.
- We have amended our cancellation policy to encourage anyone experiencing symptoms to either cancel or postpone their trip. We may be required to report cases to the Health Department.
Adult (18+): $82.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (4-17): $52.00 + taxes and fees
Toddler: (3 & under): FREE
Availability and Schedule:
Sail Start Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Transportation option not available.
Please E-SIGN your waivers (link found in your confirmation e-mail) before participating. Please go directly to Keauhou Bay on Tour date. The boat sets sail from Keauhou Bay at 2:00 PM and returns at approximately 5:00 PM.
Keauhou Bay is located at: 78-7130 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. PARKING IS LIMITED AT THE PIER. Free parking is available in areas along Kaleiopapa St. Please allow 3-5 minutes to walk from your vehicle to the boat.
Similar Activities to Consider:
💲 Starting at $137.00
🍴 Breakfast and Lunch Included
Sail down the beautiful Kona Coast watching dolphins, whales and other marine life, and explore beautiful coral reefs at Kealakekua Bay.
💲 Starting at $117.00
⭐ Unique Experience
Travel Channel says “its one of the top ten things to do in your life time.” Get up close and personal with manta rays with Sea Paradise.