Enjoy a Personal “True Hana Adventure” on the Beautiful Island of Maui
Here at Lea Lea we have a wonderful array of tours across many of the Hawaiian islands, but virtually all of them are for groups of people. “The True Hana Adventure” is one of those rare tours where you are personally escorted in a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator, in the company of just one or two of your friends or family. This is an opportunity to enjoy a little bit of personal privacy as you take in the breathtaking scenery of one of the most beautiful corners of Hawaii.
This eight-to-nine-hour tour starts with your being picked up from your hotel at between 7.00 a.m. and 7.30 a.m. by your personal driver who will then whisk you off to the eastern side of Mau and, in particular, Hana and the surrounding countryside. Hana has been described as one of Maui’s last untouched gems. Your journey will take you along a loop of the entire east end of Maui where you can marvel at the stunning combination of ocean and mountain views.
There are several more advantages to taking a private tour, such as being first on the road in the early morning before other tourism traffic hits the road, missing the crowds and tour buses, and getting VIP access to many scenic points, beaches and parks.
As you can imagine, during an eight-to-nine-hour tour there is plenty to see and do, and here are just a few of the stop-off points and spectacles you will see on your journey of discovery:
- Ho’okipa Beach Park. This includes the famous surfing beach which is used not just by locals but also world-class surfers.
- Known locally as Rainbow Trees, these are massive eucalyptus trees that have branches and trunks in the most vibrant of colors.
- At the Keanae Peninsula you will be able to stop off and buy some of the renowned Aunty Sandy’s Banana Bread to help ward off any hunger pangs before you stop for lunch.
- Pua’a Ka’a Waterfall & Park. This is the perfect spot for a refreshing swim in the pure waters of a mountain stream.
- Waianapanapa State Park (Black Sand Beach). Here is a great opportunity to get your camera out and get snapping to post some great photos on your social media accounts. Marvel at the unusual lava rocks and black-sand beach and explore some of the nearby caves.
- Hana Town (Lunch on own). Here’s your chance to get up close and personal with Hana town, the old Hasegawa General store, Hana Hotel and Fagons Cross. One thing’s for sure, you won’t go short of finding somewhere to have a delicious and memorable lunch!
- Koki/ Hamoa Beach. Marvel at the beautiful white-sand beach, the old fishponds, and maybe consider trying some of the famous Huli Huli chicken as a great alternative lunch option!
- Wailua Falls. Another great photo opportunity as you snap away at the mesmerizing 180ft waterfall and other waterfalls with swimming pools underneath.
- Charles Lindbergh Memorial & Park. This is a lovely opportunity to reflect on past history at this historical memorial of the famous aviator Charles Lindbergh at his final resting place. In 1927 Charles Lindbergh became the first person to fly non-stop across the Atlantic Ocean in his monoplane, the Spirit of St, Louis.
- Manawainui Lookout. Here you can take in the unique beauty of what the locals refer to as “the countryside”, which comprises volcanic lava fields and open pasture lands stretching right across from the mountains to the Pacific Ocean.
And then, at around 5 p.m. you will be driven back to your hotel where you can sit down, enjoy a mai tai cocktail and discuss the wonderful sights you all witnessed during the day.
If you are planning to come to any of Hawai’i’s beautiful islands, at Lea Lea Tours we are always keen to ‘cherry pick’ the very best of tours available. To book your private Jeep for the True Hana Adventure on Maui or to find out more about any of our other recommended tours, please feel free to get in touch with us at any time.