Kohala Waterfalls Adventure
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Kick-off the fun with an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
Kohala Waterfall Tour Highlights:
A Hawaiian Waterfall tour unlike any other. During this experience of a lifetime, visitors will:
- Ramble off-road in a 4-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve.
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls.
- Walk through a restored ancient Hawaiian agricultural site.
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring sea cliffs and remote valleys at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts.
Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain, and we sometimes encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- How much hiking do we do? Expect to cover approximately 1.5 miles in 1 – 2 hours.
- Is there elevation gain? Expect to do minimal climbing. The estimated elevation gain over the course of the hike is about 200’.
- What is the water temperature in the waterfall? Water temperature varies and ranges between 60 and 70 degrees F, very cool and refreshing.
Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages. Sunscreen, bug spray, and hand sanitizer are also available upon request. Please bring your own reusable water bottle (we provide refills!)
Reusable water bottle, comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers, bathing suit, hat, sunscreen, and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Walking sticks and rain jackets.
Adult (13+): $215.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (12 and under): $190.00 + taxes and fees
*Price subject to change. Please check booking calendar for up to date pricing.
Availability and Schedule:
Available: daily except Sundays
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Tour is approx. 7-8 hours. Travel time round-trip is approx. 3.5 hours from Waikoloa resorts and 4 hours from HFT, Kona.
*Schedule subject to change.
Pick Up available for select locations (Waikoloa area and Mauna Lani area). Pick up also available from Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters (73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740) and at Kohala Zipline Headquarters (55-515 Hawi Rd, Hawi, HI 96719)
Check your confirmation emails for pick up details.
You Might Also Like:
💲 Starting at $215.00
👻 Great for thrill seekers
✅ Zipline activity included
Experience the only full canopy tour on the island, featuring 9 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel, during our Kohala Canopy Adventure.
💲 Starting at $299.00
👻 Great for thrill seekers
✅ Waterfall swimming included
Zipline well above the forest floor, picnic on the rim of Pololu Valley & swim under an exclusive waterfall fed by a cool mountain stream.
💲 Starting at $265.00
✅ Includes National Park Certified Guide
An in-depth volcano experience on the Island of Hawaii is offered by Hawaii Forest & Trail.