Kohala Waterfalls Adventure
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Kick-off the fun with an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
Kohala Waterfall Tour Highlights:
A Hawaiian Waterfall tour unlike any other. During this experience of a lifetime, visitors will:
- Ramble off-road in a 4-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve.
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls.
- Walk through a restored ancient Hawaiian agricultural site.
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring sea cliffs and remote valleys at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts.
- Shop or enjoy local ice cream in historic Hawi town.
Restrictions: Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
What to Bring & Wear: Comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers, bathing suit, hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- How much hiking do we do? Expect to cover approximately 1.5 miles in 1 – 2 hours.
- Is there elevation gain? Expect to do minimal climbing. The estimated elevation gain over the course of the hike is about 200’.
- What is the water temperature in the pool we swim in? Water temperature varies by season and the amount of rainfall. Temperatures range between 60 and 70 degrees F.
Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages. Sunscreen and bug spray are also available upon request.
Walking sticks, warm wear, day packs and rain ponchos.
Adult (12+): $190.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (3-11): $165.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Daily tours depart from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, and Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace. Tour time is about 8 hours round trip