Kohala Waterfalls Adventure
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure. Kick-off the fun with an off-road drive to an exclusive trailhead.
Kohala Waterfall Tour Highlights:
A Hawaiian Waterfall tour unlike any other. During this experience of a lifetime, visitors will:
- Ramble off-road in a 4-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Take a relaxed, guided walk through a private nature reserve.
- Cool off with a swim under one of seven cascading waterfalls.
- Walk through a restored ancient Hawaiian agricultural site.
- Enjoy a private picnic lunch with views of soaring sea cliffs and remote valleys at one of the island’s best scenic lookouts.
Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain, and we sometimes encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions. Other tour restrictions may apply.
- How much hiking do we do? Expect to cover approximately 1.5 miles in 1 – 2 hours.
- Is there elevation gain? Expect to do minimal climbing. The estimated elevation gain over the course of the hike is about 200’.
- What is the water temperature in the waterfall? Water temperature varies and ranges between 60 and 70 degrees F, very cool and refreshing.
Deli-style lunch with assorted beverages. Sunscreen, bug spray, and hand sanitizer are also available upon request. Please bring your own reusable water bottle (we provide refills!)
Reusable water bottle, comfortable walking shoes or reef walkers, bathing suit, hat, sunscreen, and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Walking sticks and rain jackets.
We have put in place detailed protocols based on best practices established by the CDC and our partners in the industry to make sure our guest’s health and safety continues to be a top priority. Here are a few highlights:
- Public tours will be limited to 6 guests and 2 guides per tour.
- Washable glove liners and headcovers protect guests from any direct contact with their gloves or helmets.
- All PPE and high touch points are sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers between each tour.
- All Staff and guests must pass a COVID screening that includes a temperature check and questionnaire upon arrival to the premises.
- Paperless check-in minimizes contact on-site.
- All Transportation to and from the top of our course takes place in open-air Pinzgauers.
- Masks will be required indoors and anywhere where social distancing is not possible.
Adult (13+): $190.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (12 and under): $165.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Available: Monday through Saturday
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Tour is approx. 7-8 hours. Travel time round-trip is approx. 3.5 hours from Waikoloa resorts and 4 hours from HFT, Kona.
Pick Up available for select locations (Waikoloa area and Mauna Lani area). Pick up also available from Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters (73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740) and at Kohala Zipline Headquarters (55-515 Hawi Rd, Hawi, HI 96719)
Check your confirmation emails for pick up details.