Kohala Zipline – Canopy Adventure
Experience the only full canopy tour on the island, featuring 8 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel, during our Kohala Canopy Adventure. Designed and built within a towering forest on a private nature reserve, this elevated adventure is perfect for all – whether you’re a beginner or seasoned expert. Our certified zipline guides promise both safety and comfort while sharing their expanded knowledge of the area’s natural and cultural history.
Kohala Canopy Adventure Highlights:
- Zip, trek & rappel through a sustainably built aerial trekking course.
- Experience the thrill of flying from tree to tree and reaching speeds up to 45 MPH while taking in the beauty of the forest canopy
- Tree to Tree zipping means no walking up and downstairs in between zips.
- We comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry’s internationally recognized governing body; The Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
- Capture the fun with a GoPro camera rental or have your guide take photos for you with our photosystem designed specifically for ziplines.
- 8-Line Zipline Canopy Tour.
- 2 certified canopy guides on every tour.
- Rated Easy to Moderate.
- Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish.
- Rainwear, water, snack, all safety gear included.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not for expectant mothers.
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee length shorts are recommended.
Physical – Must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Guests will be weighed at check-in. Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not for expectant mothers. Participants must be 8 years old. These restrictions are strictly enforced.
- Is there any hiking involved? We’re in the trees about 90% of the time. We do have one short walk up about 25 stairs between lines 5 and 6.
- What if I have never zipped before? We have the best guide-to-guest ratio (1:4) on Hawaii Island. Guides take time to ensure everyone knows how to control their speed and direction, and our guides handle all of the line and element transfers. It’s the perfect activity for the experienced zipper or the first-time adventure seeker.
- The rest of my family is zipping, but I am not interested. Can I watch them? Right now, we don’t have an observer option available, but our headquarters is conveniently located in Hawi town. Ample shopping and sightseeing opportunities are nearby.
- What happens if I decide I don’t want to zip anymore? How do I get down? If you decide the Kohala Canopy Tour is not for you, there are opportunities to exit the course with the help of our guides.
- Are there restrooms on the course? Yes. They are available about half-way through.
Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee-length shorts, and a light sweatshirt or jacket are recommended.
Rain wear, all safety gear (helmets, gloves & harnesses).
Adult (18+): $215.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (8-12): $190.00 + taxes and fees
Availability and Schedule:
Daily except Sundays
Start Time: Several start time available between 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours, start to finish.
Transportation option not available.
Please check in at Kohala Zipline Headquarters (55-515 Hawi Rd, Hawi, HI 96719) 30 minutes prior to your reserved activity time.
Other Activities on the Big Island You Might Like:
💲 Starting at $215.00
🍴 Private Picnic Lunch Included
✅ Unique Experience
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure.
💲 Starting at $299.00
👻 Great for thrill seekers
✅ Waterfall swimming included
Zipline well above the forest floor, picnic on the rim of Pololu Valley & swim under an exclusive waterfall fed by a cool mountain stream.
💲 Starting at $265.00
✅ Includes National Park Certified Guide
An in-depth volcano experience on the Island of Hawaii is offered by Hawaii Forest & Trail.