Road to Hana Adventure Tour
If you visit Maui, you absolutely “must” travel the picturesque Road to Hana, and you should enjoy it in the comfort of a deluxe, air-conditioned, smooth riding minibus with professional driver. We provide the best way to fully experience the incredibly 620 curves and beautiful 59 single-lane bridges along the way. The very best stops along the way are included, including a conditions-permitting waterfall swim stop. And the exclusive lunch is the best in Hana. We’ve shared the Road to Hana with tens of thousands of guests over the decades and would love to have you join us.
Leave the rental car behind and relax as you enjoy Maui’s lush countryside while your driver shares Hawaiian culture, sights, and stories. Our eco-tour reduces road congestion, carbon emissions, and let’s you soak in the stunning sights.
- Continental Breakfast, local style at local favorite Cafe O Lei at the Dunes, with West Maui Mountain views. Enjoy fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, and juice before heading for the “Highway”.
- Pa’ia Town, laid back “windsurfing capital of the world”, with its boutiques and restaurants is driven through as you travel eastward toward Hana.
- Kaumahina State Park, engulfed by a dense forest is a relaxing stop with awe-inspiring coastline views and refreshing, cool ocean breezes.
- Upper Waikani Falls, also known and “Three Bears Falls”, are three parallel waterfalls 70 feet in height and one of the most photogenic sites on the trip.
- Ke’anae Peninsula was created by flowing lava and juts into the ocean, where waves crash against jagged volcanic rocks. Taro famers on the peninsula practice sustainable farming as did the ancient Hawaiians. The old stone church, the village’s only surviving structure after a 1946 tsunami hit.
- Pua’a Ka’a State Park is an ideal spot to swim in tranquil waterfall pools, conditions permitting (bring towel and bathing suit). The turquoise water is stunning and equally enjoyed by bathers and spectators. Photo time, again!
- Wai’anapanapa State Park and Black Sand Beach is a magnificent site of a lava tube, sea arches, blowhole, and that wonderful beach. Our guests rank it as one of the finest stops on the tour. Wai’anapanapa means “glistening water” in Hawaii and refers to nearby streams but can also apply to the striking ocean views.
- Lunch at Hana Farms, a tropical farm and marketplace located in the rainforest along Hana Highway. Tropical fruits and spices are grown on the farm, and local network of small suppliers growing and harvesting crops contribute to menus and marketplace goods. Choose the “Hana Gold” upgrade of the tour during check-out to include a selection from 3 lunch options in your tour price, or purchase your lunch directly at Hana Farms.
- Hana Bay be viewed while driving through the Hana Town and some of the best views of the bay are from the road. It’s a favorite beach area for local residents
- South Wailua Falls are just past Hana and one of the tallest waterfalls offering convenient access from the roadway. Highly photographed falls and a picture you need in your camera!
- Kipahulu Valley and ‘Ohe’o Gulch can be seen will driving across the bridge directly above the head of the Falls of ‘Ohe’o waterfall, as the road heads in a southwesterly direction.
- Kaupo is where you’ll notice the distinct change in topography and views while driving around the “backside” from Hana. Volcanic rock and dry grasslands with grazing cows prevail. Kaupo is a sparsely populated sustainable ranching region.
- Upcountry Maui in the higher elevations surrounding Haleakala is reached as your remarkable day concludes. Its fertile volcanic soil is conducive to farming, dairy, and even production of local wines and spirits.
- Stringent Cleaning – We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer is available to all of our guests.
- Wellness Checks – If you or anyone in your group is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we will work with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Bring along a bathing suit and towel if you’d like to swim in a waterfall pool
- Convenient pickup from most major hotel locations
- Continental breakfast is included at Cafe O Lei at the Dunes, with West Maui Mountain views
- Drive through Pa’ia Town, laid back “windsurfing capital of the world”
- Kaumahina State Park
- Upper Waianae Falls
- Kerana Peninsula
- Pua’a Ka’a State Park: swim in tranquil waterfall pools, conditions permitting
- Wai’anapanapa State Park, Black Sand Beach, lava tube, sea arches, blowhole
- Lunch at Hana Farms Note: Choose the “Hana Gold” upgrade of the tour during check-out to include a selection from 3 lunch options in your tour price, or purchase your lunch directly at Hana Farms.
- Hana Bay view while driving through the Hana Town
- South Wailua Falls
- Pools of ‘Ohe’o waterfalls, Kipahulu Valley, ‘Ohe’o Gulch view while driving across bridge
- Kaupo area views while driving around the “backside” on return from Hana
- Upcountry Maui in the higher elevations surrounding Haleakala
- This tour is operated on rough and winding roads. It is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back or motion problems.
Convenient pick up and drop off from major resorts and hotels is provided. Simply enter your hotel name when booking. Please phone our Call Center at 808-877-4242 to reconfirm pick up details at least 24 hours before tour date. Kindly note we are not permitted to pick up in residential areas or at B&B’s.
- Round-Trip Transportation in Air-Conditioned Comfort
If this tour is canceled with more than 24 hours notice, the total amount is refunded. If the tour is canceled without 24 hours notice, full charges apply. No shows incur full charges. Claims for refunds must be made within thirty days of the date of service.
Regular Tour (M2):
- Adult (12+): $214.00 + taxes and fees
- Child (3-11): $139.00 + taxes and fees
- Lap Child (2 and under): Free
Availability and Schedule:
Availability varies; please check booking calendar for up-to-date information.
Approximate Pick-up Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Other activities on Maui you may like:
💲 Starting at $215.00
⭐ Breakfast included
The other worldly landscape, altitude, unique flora, and pervasive influence of ancient Hawaiian culture combine to create an event simply beyond imagination.
💲 Starting at $170.00
⭐ Most comprehensive
Your best day on Maui! See the island’s most memorable sites while your entertaining and knowledgeable guide takes care of the driving. You’ll stand on the summit area of Haleakala, world’s largest dormant volcano.
💲 Starting at $183.00
⭐ Sells Out Fast
If a 2:00/2:30 a.m. departure time for a sunrise isn’t your thing, come join us for an equally impressive experience viewing sunset from the “House of the Sun”, Haleakala.