Kohala Zip & Dip
Spend an exhilarating and inspiring day in North Kohala and experience a land of stunning beauty and profound cultural significance. Zipline well above the forest floor, picnic on the rim of Pololu Valley & swim under an exclusive waterfall fed by a cool mountain stream.
Kohala Zip & Dip Highlights:
- Take a fun off-road drive through private lands
- Stroll through a private nature reserve and see three secluded waterfalls.
- Swim under a private waterfall.
- Eat lunch at our private picnic spot overlooking Polulu Valley.
- Fly through Kohala Zipline’s full aerial canopy course, including 9 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel.
- Complimentary snacks and drinks are available throughout the tour.
- Approx, 8 hours round trip.
- Departs from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters & Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace.
- Snacks, deli-style lunch with assorted soft drinks/juices provided.
- Walking sticks, warm wear, towels, day packs and rain ponchos provided.
- Tour limited to a maximum of 14 guests.
- Closed-toe shoes required. Bathing Suit (can be warn under clothes), hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Participants must be 8 years old.
- Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not expectant mothers.
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee length shorts are recommended.
Physical – Must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Guests will be weighed at check-in. Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short climb. This tour is not suitable for expectant mothers.
- How much hiking do we do? There are two short hikes on this tour. The first one is less than 150 yards, the second is about 500 yards.
- Is there elevation gain? Both hikes do have short ascents and descents. The first hike elevation gain is approximately 90’, the second hike elevation gain is approximately 50’.
- What is the water temperature at the waterfall? Water temperature varies and ranges between 60 and 70 degrees F. It’s very cool and refreshing.
Snack, deli-style lunch with assorted beverages.
Closed-toe shoes required. Bring a bathing suit (can be worn under clothes), hat, sunscreen, and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Walking sticks, towels, day packs, rainwear, and bug spray.
We have put in place detailed protocols based on best practices established by the CDC and our partners in the industry to make sure our guest’s health and safety continues to be a top priority. Here are a few highlights:
- Public tours will be limited to 6 guests and 2 guides per tour.
- Washable glove liners and headcovers protect guests from any direct contact with their gloves or helmets.
- All PPE and high touch points are sanitized with CDC approved sanitizers between each tour.
- All Staff and guests must pass a COVID screening that includes a temperature check and questionnaire upon arrival to the premises.
- Paperless check-in minimizes contact on-site.
- All Transportation to and from the top of our course takes place in open-air Pinzgauers.
- Masks will be required indoors and anywhere where social distancing is not possible.
Adult (18+): $299.00 + taxes and fees
Child: (8-12): $274.00 + taxes and fees
*Price subject to change. Please check booking calendar for up to date pricing.
Availability and Schedule:
Availability varies; please check booking calendar for up-to-date information.
Approximate Start Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Approximately 6 hours round trip, departs from Kohala Zipline Headquarters in Hawi.
*Schedule subject to change.
Pick Up available for select locations (Waikoloa area and Mauna Lani area). Pick up also available from Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters (73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740). Or check in at Kohala Zipline Headquarters (55-515 Hawi Rd, Hawi, HI 96719)
Check your confirmation emails for pick up details.
You Might Also Like:
💲 Starting at $215.00
👻 Great for thrill seekers
✅ Zipline activity included
Experience the only full canopy tour on the island, featuring 9 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel, during our Kohala Canopy Adventure.
💲 Starting at $200.00
🍴 Lunch Included
✅ Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Included
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure.