Kohala Zip & Dip
Spend an exhilarating and inspiring day in North Kohala and experience a land of stunning beauty and profound cultural significance. Zipline well above the forest floor, picnic on the rim of Pololu Valley & swim under an exclusive waterfall fed by a cool mountain stream.
Kohala Zip & Dip Highlights:
- Two of our most popular tours – Kohala Waterfall & Kohala Canopy are combined into one action-packed day
- Stroll through a private nature reserve and see three secluded waterfalls.
- Swim under a private waterfall.
- Eat lunch at our private picnic spot.
- Fly through Kohala Zipline’s full aerial canopy course, including 8 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel.
- Complimentary snacks and drinks are available throughout the tour.
- Approx, 8 hours round trip.
- Departs from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace and the shops at Mauna Lani.
- Snacks, deli-style lunch with assorted soft drinks/juices provided.
- Walking sticks, warm wear, towels, day packs and rain ponchos provided.
- Tour limited to a maximum of 14 guests.
- Closed-toe shoes required. Bathing Suit (can be warn under clothes), hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Participants must be 8 years old.
- Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not expectant mothers.
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, capris, or knee length shorts are recommended.
Physical – Must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Guests will be weighed at check-in. Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short climb. This tour is not suitable for expectant mothers.
- How much hiking do we do? There are two short hikes on this tour. The first one is less than 150 yards, the second is about 500 yards.
- Is there elevation gain? Both hikes do have short ascents and descents. The first hike elevation gain is approximately 90’, the second hike elevation gain is approximately 50’.
- What is the water temperature at the waterfall? Water temperature varies and ranges between 60 and 70 degrees F. It’s very cool and refreshing.
Snack, deli-style lunch with assorted beverages.
Closed-toe shoes required. Bring a bathing suit (can be worn under clothes), hat, sunscreen, and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Walking sticks, towels, day packs, rainwear, and bug spray.
Adult/Child (8+): $299.00 + taxes and fees
*Price subject to change. Please check booking calendar for up to date pricing.
Availability and Schedule:
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Approximate Start Time:
Approximate Return Time:
Approximately 6 hours round trip, departs from Kohala Zipline Headquarters in Hawi.
Approximately 8 hours
*Schedule subject to change.
Pick Up available for select locations (Waikoloa area and Mauna Lani area). Pick up also available from Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters (73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740). Or check in at Kohala Zipline Headquarters (55-515 Hawi Rd, Hawi, HI 96719)
Check your confirmation emails for pick up details.
Other Activities on the Big Island You Might Like:
💲 Starting at $215.00
👻 Great for thrill seekers
✅ Zipline activity included
Experience the only full canopy tour on the island, featuring 9 lines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel, during our Kohala Canopy Adventure.
💲 Starting at $215.00
🍴 Private Picnic Lunch Included
✅ Unique Experience
Immerse yourself in stunning private Kohala waterfalls, tranquil streams, scenic coastlines, and rugged valleys on this North Kohala adventure.
💲 Starting at $265.00
✅ Includes National Park Certified Guide
An in-depth volcano experience on the Island of Hawaii is offered by Hawaii Forest & Trail.